Keto baked chicken in lemon juice (Greek style)
Delicious oven-baked chicken in lemon juice with garlic, oregano, thyme and rosemary. This recipe is a keto alternative of the Greek recipe chicken "lemonato" and it is simply amazing! All you need is a baking pan and 5 minutes preparation time. Then, just wait to take it out of the oven...
4 chicken drumstick(s), with skin (444 gr)
1 clove(s) of garlic (3 gr)
1 tbsp(s) olive oil (14 gr)
1 lemon(s) juiced (48 gr)
0.5 cup(s) water (120 gr)
1 tsp(s) dried ground oregano (2 gr)
1 tsp(s) dried ground thyme (1 gr)
1 tsp(s) dried rosemary (1 gr)
salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F
- Place the chicken drumsticks in a baking dish or baking pan, skin-down
- Peel and chop the garlic and add it in the baking dish too
- Pour the olive oil, lemon juice and water or broth- search for our recipes!
- Season with oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper and stir
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes
- Carefully take the pan out of the oven and slowly (as steam will be released) remove the aluminum foil
- Flip the chicken drumsticks (skin-up) and bake for 25 more minutes (without the aluminum foil), until they get golden
- Make sure that there is a bit of water / broth remaining in the pan, otherwise add some more liquid, before putting back in the oven
✔ Serving size: 2 chicken drumsticks
Easy Keto & Low Carb Recipes
Get full access to this and dozens more recipes by downloading our android app!