Vegan keto chicory greens
I first tried boiled chicory greens in Greece. They are served with olive oil & lemon juice and are most commonly eaten as a side dish for fish & meat. They are amazingly delicious & super healthy - full of vitamins & minerals! Enjoy!
4 cup(s) chicory greens (116 gr)
3 tbsp(s) olive oil (41 gr)
2 tbsp(s) lemon juice (31 gr)
salt (to taste)
- Carefully wash the chicory greens, cut off the very hard stems and cut in half
- Bring a pot of water (unsalted) to a boil, and boil the chicory greens for 10 minutes
- Use a colander in the sink to empty the water
- This will get the bitterness out of chicory
- Refill the pot with water, add a bit of salt, bring to a boil and boil the greens for 10 more minutes
- Drain in a colander and serve (warm or cold) with 1.5 tablespoon of olive oil & 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per serving
Easy Keto & Low Carb Recipes
Get full access to this and dozens more recipes by downloading our android app!