Vegan keto spinach & beets salad
This salad combines the earthy flavor of beetroots with the sweetness of baby spinach leaves and the mildly sour taste of lemon and the outcome is amazing! Add walnuts -if you eat nuts- and the final result will be further boosted to an even more delightful salad. Enjoy!
150 gr fresh spinach
0.5 cup(s) sliced canned beets, drained (85 gr)
2 tbsp(s) olive oil (27 gr)
1 tbsp(s) lemon juice (15 gr)
salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
Garnish - Optional
10 walnut halves (20 gr)
soft goat cheese - regular or vegetarian
- Wash the spinach leaves - preferably baby spinach leaves (hand-chop if larger, yet keep in mind that overgrown spinach tends to be bitter) and place them in a salad dish or bowl
- Add the sliced beets in the dish too
- Prepare the salad dressing: put the olive oil, lemon juice, salt & pepper in a small jar with lid and shake to combine
- I prefer using my mini coffee mixer
- Spread it all over the salad and mix
- Optional: Garnish with walnuts and/or goat cheese. They are an amazing addition!
✔ You may use fresh beetroots, if you prefer and you can add them in the salad boiled or steamed or raw & shredded
✔ Simply omit the the walnuts for a nut-free option ->
- 13.9gr Fat, 2.6gr Protein, 3.4gr Net carbs and 151 kcal per serving
✔ You may optionally add mustard (1/2 teaspoon for 2 servings) in the salad dressing, depending on your preferences
✔ Serving size: 1/2 of the salad
Easy Keto & Low Carb Recipes
Get full access to this and dozens more recipes by downloading our android app!