Vegetarian keto 5-min sauteed halloumi
Cypriot cheese halloumi is a great choice for grilling, baking or frying, as it remains chewy and doesn't melt away. There are many ways to cook the halloumi cheese: you may grill it using a grill or a grill pan, fry it in a regular non-stick skillet, bake it using your oven or oven broiler or toast it in your sandwich maker. If you choose to use a regular skillet or bake it, the cheese will be evenly colored and crusted, instead of grill-lined; yet, the amazing end flavor result is the same no matter the cooking method you choose!
120 gr halloumi cheese
2 tbsp(s) olive oil (27 gr)
1 tbsp(s) lemon juice (15 gr)
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 2 or 4 slices, depending on how thick you prefer to have your cheese
- Wipe the cheese with a paper towel to remove excess water
- Place a non-stick grill pan over high heat
- Brush both sides of halloumi slices with olive oil and place them in the pan
- If the utensil you are using, is super non-stick, you may skip brushing with the olive oil and the cheese will grill on its own fat. Garnish the cheese with the olive oil when served, instead
- Cook the first side for 1-2 minutes, until all liquid released from the cheese is gone and there are brown color grill lines
- Then cook the other side for 1-2 more minutes
- Serve while still hot and garnish with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice
✔ Serving size: 2 or 4 slices, depending on how thick you've cut the cheese
Vegetarian Keto Recipes
Get full access to this and dozens more recipes by downloading our android app!