Vegetarian keto tomato sauce with feta cheese
This vegetarian keto sauce is made with freshly chopped tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil and oregano. Simple ingredients that will uplift your taste buds, when combined altogether in this sauce recipe. Try it on toasted keto bread!
400 gr tomatoes
4 tbsp(s) olive oil (54 gr)
2 clove(s) of garlic (6 gr)
0.5 cup(s) water (120 gr)
120 gr vegetarian feta cheese
1 tsp(s) dried ground oregano (2 gr)
salt (to taste)
ground black pepper (to taste)
- Wash and dice the tomatoes or blend them in a food processor
- Place a saucepan over medium heat and add the olive oil
- Chop the garlic and add it in the saucepan
- Saute until the garlic starts to turn golden (about 1-2 minutes)
- Then, add the tomatoes, water and season with oregano, salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 12-15 minutes
- When the sauce is ready to serve, crumble the feta cheese with your fingers or cut it in small cubes using a knife and add it in the sauce
- Stir and let it cook for one more minute. Ready!
✔ Preferably use plum or classic tomatoes. Alternatively, use can crushed tomatoes
✔ Serving size: about 1/2 cup of tomato-feta sauce
Vegetarian Keto Recipes
Get full access to this and dozens more recipes by downloading our android app!